Mason-Dixon Line Western Crossings
The easternmost of the Western Crossings
Photos from crossings around Chestnut Ridge and
heading eastward (with February, 2008, updates):
- On top of Chestnut Ridge, Wymps Gap Road (I'm not making this up) crosses The Line headed south.
Watch out for the doggies on the road.(added June 2004).
- Wymps Gap Road looking north.
My little old car ("The Deerslayer" because deer love to run in front
on Interstate 79) waits patiently in the state in which it resided!
(added June 2004).
- A car crosses
The Line as we look north into Pennsylvania along Skyline Drive
north of Bruceton Mills, W.Va. (added
- Skyline Drive: Looking south in West Virginia just north of Bruceton Mills (added February 2008).
- Wirsing Road, looking into West
Virginia, just south of the Quebec Run Natural Area (added March
- Northbound on Wirsing Road, looking
into the Keystone State (added March 2008).
- Skirting the Line: Wirsing Road, not far from its
intersection with Pa. 381, follows the border in this shot looking
west. This road later zigs and zags across The Line before it crosses
Big Sandy Creek yards south of the border (added March 2008).
- Pa. Route 381 ends at The Line.
The "Welcome to Wild Wonderful West Virginia" sign actually sits about
a yard into Pennsylvania (we don't mind). (added June 2004).
- Looking north onto Pa. Route 381 towards Farmington. (added June 2004).
- At the end of
Pa. Route 281 looking south into
West Virginia (added March 2008).
- Looking north
into Pennsylvania from the end of
W.Va. Route 26 and looking toward Markleysburg, Pa. This is just west
of The Tripoint (added March 2008).
- Maryland Route 42 ends at The Line north of Asher Glade. (added June 2004).
- The beginning of Maryland Route 42 south of Markleysburg, Pa. (added June 2004).
- Pa. Route 669
looking north across The Line toward West Salisbury, Pa. (added
- Pa. Route 669
looking south toward Grantsville, Md. (added February 2008).
- The end of Md.
Route 546 looking north into Pennsylvania (added February 2008).
- Md. Route 546
heading south toward
Interstate 68 (added February 2008).
- U.S. 220 heading north into Bedford County, Pa.: There
had been a Mason-Dixon marker here, but a resident told us it was
removed when Maryland worked on the highway. Is this true? (added June 2004).
- Entering Pennsylvania on Interstate 70
outside of Hancock, Md. (added February 2008).
- Looking south on Great Cove Road,
outside of Hancock, Md., and just east of I-70. There is a Mason-Dixon
Line marker to the left near the telephone pole. (added February 2008).